POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help!how to render a bunch of pov files from Command_Line : Re: help!how to render a bunch of pov files from Command_Line Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help!how to render a bunch of pov files from Command_Line
From: povray
Date: 2 Dec 2005 17:14:39
Message: <79df.4390bffe.1c6aa@localhost>
bil### [at] 21cncom wrote:
> I want to render a bunch of pov files from the command line under linux
> enviorment to make a animation.attached below is my command:
> povray +I/home/jwlee/workFolder/dstPov/*.pov
> +O/home/jwlee/workFolder/dstPng/*.png  +FT +W160 +H200
> but it is reported,Possible Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Could
> not find file '/home/jwlee/workFolder/dstPov/*.pov',
> so what is the correct syntax?how to render?
> thanks very much!

make a shell script to call povray for each file maybe, something like
this (untested):

  #!/bin/bash
  for x in *.pov
  do
    povray -i$x -d +ft -w160 -h200 -p
  done

btw, 160 by 200 would make a portrait (taller than it is wide) pic.
You intend that?

--
to all the companies who wait until a large user base becomes
dependant on their freeware, then shafting said happy campers with