POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mega pov : Re: mega pov Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mega pov
From: Pete
Date: 16 Sep 2000 19:55:54
Message: <771.294T605T9043298PeterC@nym.alias.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

>I realized just after posting this that I should have checked the Amiga link
>at www.povray.org and have now done so.  Looks like the official POV-Ray
>Amiga versions are outdated and the latest date I saw there (
>http://www.amigaworld.com/support/povamiga/ ) was Jan. '99.  So you'll
>probably need to ask if there are any plans to do a compile of v3.5 for that
>platform.

>Bob

That site has the Amiga port of povray3.1, which is actually current.
I use that version and it anything that renders on WIndows 3.2 also
renders on that amiga version, so it is not out of date.  When the pov
team release Povray 3.5, *then* it will be outdated.

Or did you mean something else when you said "outdated".

Pete

--
BTW: thanks everyone for the replies.