POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : name for no interpolation : Re: name for no interpolation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:07:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: name for no interpolation
From: ABX
Date: 11 Sep 2002 10:20:04
Message: <6uiunuc15f15ikpe3mdavli2tc3q5h8tg7@4ax.com>
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:30:20 -0400, Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom>
wrote:
> I find keywords much easier to read and write than numbers

POV's SDL doesn't help me to make decision. Patterns has names and internal
functions hasn't. Type of interpolation for splines has names and types for
interpolation for images hasn't. Methods usually hasn't names. Noise generator
types have no names.

> I feel that you should only use a number for a numeric value.

Then how to call two different algoithms for connections along torus fragments
to make it readable ?

> And I really hope you
> meant "path_type INT".

Of course.

> "type" already exists, and spline names can be used for all splines
> instead of just in the sphere_sweep shape, so you aren't adding a huge
> number of one-use keywords.

I will reconsider this.

ABX