POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interior statement. : Re: interior statement. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior statement.
Date: 5 Jul 2002 11:38:54
Message: <6tebiug2i6g18dlgc45p67hmd8a2dualvp@4ax.com>
On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:20:21 -0500, "Dave VanHorn" <dva### [at] cedarnet> wrote:
> In the old system, I define a part, then I apply a finish that says what
> sort of material it is...

The ior is element of interior{} and interior{} is part of material{}. Just
material{} statement is optional wrapper (also usefull with declarations).

> Now, I have to define everything about transparency EXCEPT refraction in the
> finish

Are you defining transparency in finish statement ????

> and put the refraction in on the object itself.

You are puting ior as part of interior, not as part of object, for example you
can declare one interior and use it in various materials.

> Very messy for making objects transparent in one render, and not in the next.

I really don't understand how it is connected with rendering of animation.

ABX