POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wilbur - Height Field Generator : Wilbur - Height Field Generator Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Wilbur - Height Field Generator
From: Alan Grainger
Date: 8 Jun 1998 20:32:47
Message: <6lhvrl$gjq$1@oz.aussie.org>
I recently downloaded Wilbur
(http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~jslayton/software.html), after I saw the URL
in Hans' post about his 'Snowy and bizzare' picture.  I just want to say, if
you don't have it, it is worth checking out.  I have figured out quite a
bit, and what I have seen is very impressive.  If anyone has much experience
with this (free) program, then could you please educate me as to what the
variables in the generate height-field box are.  The help file just makes
obscure remarks, and refers to some book.  Even though I don't know what
they do, by inputting random values, I have managed to produce some pretty
impressive hf's, but it would be helpful to know how to get exactly the
effect I want.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Alan Grainger