POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Distributing rendering and radiosity bug? : Distributing rendering and radiosity bug? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Distributing rendering and radiosity bug?
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 28 May 1998 16:50:47
Message: <6kkin7$hcs$1@oz.aussie.org>
My english is not very good and this is a little hard to explain, but
I'll try.
  I'm making an image for the IRTC and I have a problem.
  I am using radiosity and the calculations take very long. I have access
to two Dec Alpha 300MHz machines, so what I am doing is calculating one
half of the image in one machine and the other half in the other machine
(of course just for final renderings, not fast test renderings). It takes
more than 8 hours to calculate a half of the image.
  There is a tree in the image. I'll try to ascii-draw the situation here:

                                     \     /
                                      |   |
   Upper half of the image            |   |
                                      |   |
   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -|- -|- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                                      |   |
   Lower half of the image            |   |  <- Tree
                                      |   |
                                     /     \

  The problem is that when I turn the radiosity on, the lower part of the
tree is much more brighter than the upper part. Everything else looks ok.
When I join both parts of the image, the difference is flagrant.
  I have not tried to calculate the entire image in one machine (since it
takes so long), but I suppose that the problem would disappear if so.
  (I am using the switches +er and +sr to calculate just a half of the image).

  Have anyone else noticed something like this? May this be a bug or
something?

--
                                                              - Warp. -