POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rhinoceros 3D modeller : Re: Rhinoceros 3D modeller Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rhinoceros 3D modeller
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 23 May 1998 03:55:59
Message: <6k5ve8$rhs$1@oz.aussie.org>
Brian Watson wrote in message <6k55qg$qka$1@oz.aussie.org>...
>hmm.. sounds interesting, does it offer any more functionality than moray?

Well, it is not a modeler for POV-Ray, so it does not export POV-Ray
primitives. All export is meshes which makes scenes *quite* big!
As I understand it, it is a professional modeling tool, thought to work
together with other professional tools like 3DStudio etc. It works well with
POV/Moray too, if you don't mind the large meshes.
It is also supposed to be one of (or the one?) the best NURBS modelers on
the market. I myself did not use it very much though. Not because it is bad
but because Moray fulfills my needs... (in 3D, that is ;-)

Johannes.