POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : movieProject, some ideas and observations : Re: movieProject, some ideas and observations Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movieProject, some ideas and observations
From: Twyst
Date: 16 May 1998 17:26:11
Message: <6jkt1n$226$1@oz.aussie.org>
>>Good point!
>>We have to make sure that all continuos scenes are rendered on the same
>>platform (I don't think that there would be a difference with for
>>example two boxes both running Win-POV-Ray, would there?)

Actually, as far as I know, the random number system that Pov-Ray uses, is
identical from platform to platform, so if you render a scene on Linux, then
render it again in Win95, it should come out the same.

I'll test and find out in the next day or so.

pov-ray news, reviews and tutorials
http://twysted.net
e-mail: twy### [at] twystednet