POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : movieProject, some ideas and observations : Re: movieProject, some ideas and observations Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movieProject, some ideas and observations
From: Fran & Melissa
Date: 16 May 1998 16:06:38
Message: <6jkrdp$1vo$1@oz.aussie.org>
Johannes Hubert wrote in message <355DD46F.951228E1@algonet.se>...
>> One thing that could cause a prob with the render-Farm(er) idea is the
>> random routines that are used in the textures built into POV. If I
remember
>> correctly, there is a comment about using different OS/machines to render
>> frames - then putting them together, because the textures may not match
up -
>> due to the different way the random numbers are generated.
>
>Good point!
>We have to make sure that all continuos scenes are rendered on the same
>platform (I don't think that there would be a difference with for
>example two boxes both running Win-POV-Ray, would there?)
>
>Johannes.

Not that I know of. I have rendered anims on 486's and Pent's all running
Win95 and that worked OK. Also a mixture of dos (under win95) worked ok as
well. I haven't tried a mixture of other machines thou.

Aside of that I've here what I can provide to the project.

Rendering power - Pentium 150 (48Mb Ram) win96 that spends all night off.
Unlimited access to the Internet - thou only though a 33.6k modem - but at
least it's a flat rate.
CD - writer - Don't know how much that would help.
Some animation experence - see
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8549

Fran.