POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 16 May 1998 07:24:59
Message: <6jjt3p$sl$1@oz.aussie.org>
Alain CULOS wrote in message <355B6761.14200E8F@bigfoot.com>...
>As already advertized somewhere in one of the multiple MovieProject Thread,
take a look at the article about the Cathedral and the Bazaar model, very
interesting for htis sort of project.

I checked it out. Interesting, but I fear software development issues are a
bit different than the project at hand. But what the article does give, is
the impression, that this "distributed, bazaar-style" development actually
*can* work.

>While saying this I take the opportunity to add that it takes a person like
Johannes to manage the thing : a voluntary mind, ready to face the
challenge, fast in communication and business, who compliments others when
due, who makes things move, who is liked for his social behaviour.

Woa! Now people even realize I'm a nice guy through my postings alone! ;-)
Tomorrow I'll try walking on water :-))

Bye,
Johannes.