POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : movieProject, some ideas and observations : Re: movieProject, some ideas and observations Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movieProject, some ideas and observations
From: Fran & Melissa
Date: 15 May 1998 20:29:24
Message: <6jimf0$od3$1@oz.aussie.org>
>> > Yeah!. "Renderfarm participant" is a bit akward though. So for now I
settle
>> > for "Render-Farmer" - until something better comes along.
>>
>> Hey, every farm needs some cowboys, how about render-cowboys. I could be
the
>> lone star... ;-)
>>
>> //Hans Wachtmeister
>> Render-Cowboy...

One thing that could cause a prob with the render-Farm(er) idea is the
random routines that are used in the textures built into POV. If I remember
correctly, there is a comment about using different OS/machines to render
frames - then putting them together, because the textures may not match up -
due to the different way the random numbers are generated.

Just a thought.

Fran.