POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay for work : Re: POVRay for work Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay for work
From: David VanHorn
Date: 13 May 1998 13:25:45
Message: <6jcl9v$das$1@oz.aussie.org>
Mike Weber wrote in message <6ivho2$m6q$1@oz.aussie.org>...
>I'm wondering here (while my code compiles...) how many people use POVRay
>for _real_ work related issues?  What is your job and how does it fit in?
>Unfortunately my job doesn't require the use of POVRay.... :-(

I've used it to create brochure "photos" from Pro-E mold designs of plastic
we didn't have yet.
I've used to to model optical effects in infrared sensor design.
I've used it to illustrate why a proposed light pipe design wouldn't work.
(the moulded part worked JUST
like the raytracing)

I've used it to create "flying logos" for in-house video presentations.