POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Ian Sutherland
Date: 12 May 1998 17:18:58
Message: <6jaen3$a2d$1@oz.aussie.org>
----------
In article <6ja5hc$99r$1@oz.aussie.org>, "Johannes Hubert"
<jhu### [at] algonetse> wrote:

>About the Hotline shareware: I am a little bit in doubt to settle on a
>program people *have to* buy (register) just to participate. And it would
>leave all the nice Linux/Unix/whatever POV-Ray users outside, wouldn't it?
I had thought about that right after I'd mentioned it... I'm just an
"integration junkie", I guess (G).  No point in making this harder to
organize than necessary.  I will ask them if a)there's a Linux/Unix version
in the works and b) if they'd be willing to donate a block of licenses in
exchange for a credit line (you'd be surprised how effective that is).

Also, there may be other groupware/collaboration software out there.  I know
that Delphi offers free web based chat/board services.  That would mean that
all we'd really need to run off of "our" servers would be a FTP server or
equivalent.

There are all sorts of options out there... and this may be jumping the gun
a bit, but the sooner we can establish a home base, the easier it will be to
organize.

Ian