POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Justin Whitton
Date: 12 May 1998 09:04:15
Message: <6j9hb7$8b2$1@oz.aussie.org>
Johannes Hubert wrote in message <6j94so$7r8$1@oz.aussie.org>...
>Hi to all POV-Ray users!
>
>I have read first the "POV-Ray is free..." thread and then the following
>"Group Movie Project" thread with growing interest, and while I don't have
>too much time myself (between my job, my TreeDesigner-project and my other
>hobbies :-) I think I can find some, so here comes my proposition:

[snip]
>- Render-Slaves (maybe we find a nicer name for them :-)
>All POV-Ray users that want to donate processing power. They only need a
>computer that runs POV-Ray, an internet connection to transfer the rendered
>images (be aware that this can be a *lot* of data, that you probably don't
>want to send over a 14.4 line), and time...
[snip]
>Greetings to all,
>Johannes
>
>jhu### [at] algonetse

I can be a Render-Slave if required. My own machine is a K6-233 and it sits
idle during the day, and I have access to two Pentium 133 which can be used
during the night and weekends.

It's not great but it's what I can donate to the cause.

Justin
jus### [at] virginnet
http://freespace.virgin.net/justin.whitton