POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: Group Movie Project Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group Movie Project
From: Twyst
Date: 11 May 1998 17:15:07
Message: <6j7mgn$5si$1@oz.aussie.org>
Alain CULOS wrote in message <3556295E.29AAC4B7@bigfoot.com>...

[Snippity]

>Yes, we do need someone there with some experience and a lot of spare time.
A student who has already got some sort of experience of project
co-ordination would be an ideal person.
>If you also want to go to the bother of having a newsgroup, that requires
another dedicated person just to maintain this side of things.

Exactly. I personally DO have the time for the maintainance of a mailing
list/Web board, etc. I can't run a news server tho. ( I don't think so at
least, but if wanted, I'll look into it. )

Also, I would like to point out.. I do *NOT* want to "manage" this. All I
want to do is maintain a website, etc. if necessary. Heck, I have a hard
enough time managing MYSELF! =P

>I do not have time for that sort of heavy involvement, as I have one very
demanding project, but I will have some time for contributing (and unlike
what Lance joked about : no I won't give my CPU, no way - just a bit of time
on it). Also if help was required with languages, I do speak French and my
partner in life speaks Polish ...

Heh, I'm almost exactly the opposite. I have little or no creativity, when
it comes to graphics, so I'll contribute it the other direction.

>But before we start anything, we should know what sort of way we want to
work : just ad hoc - as the inspiration comes, or very organised &
structured - both can be cool and manageable provided we know what we want.