POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Jeff Lee
Date: 11 May 1998 13:33:29
Message: <6j7b8r$577$1@oz.aussie.org>
"Lance Birch" <:-)Lan### [at] tpgicomau> wrote:

> I really do think we could make something cool out of this.  The only
> problem is, we need a script!

If it were done along the lines of the "Mind's Eye" videos, a script
isn't really necessary; the one I have consists of segments from many
sources (some only a couple of seconds long), put together in groups of
similar themes and set to music.

Something like this would let people do whatever caught their interest,
perhaps even rendering themselves, and the editor or editors could
simply arrange them into groups.

> So 1 3/4 hours at 30 fps, that's 189000 frames, at what, 512x384?

What standard(s) would be used?  NSTC? PAL? HDTV?  How well will frames
in one format translate into the others?

How about music?  I've done a bit of soundtrack-type composing; anyone
else here a composer?

--
Jeff Lee         shi### [at] gatenet         http://www.gate.net/~shipbrk/