POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : normal average bug : Re: normal average bug Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: normal average bug
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 29 Apr 1998 13:23:31
Message: <6i7nmj$avj$1@oz.aussie.org>
PoD (pod### [at] merlinnetau) wrote:
:         I think I've just found a bug in POV-Ray 3.02.

  I have noticed this bug too. Just see
http://www.iki.fi/warp/pics/Spacedog_4.jpg
  See the vertical dark stains in the border of some bricks? There shouldn't
be any. I used averaged textures on the wall, and the averaged normals
don't work as expected (the bricks far apart from the light are correct,
but the bricks near the light are not).

--
                                                              - Warp. -