POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math functions in POV : Re: Math functions in POV [my .pov file] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math functions in POV [my .pov file]
From: Mark Arrasmith
Date: 28 Apr 1998 16:06:57
Message: <6i5cuk$80p$1@oz.aussie.org>
Well, Alan has a cooler solution than mine but here is how I work with 3d
math functions.  It uses standard triangles (not smoothed ones).  An image
of sin(x^2 + y^2) is at
http://arrow.math.twsu.edu/programming/pov/3dmath.jpg if you can to look.
The source is an attachment to this message.

Mark Arrasmith
arr### [at] mathtwsuedu

Daniel Sobral wrote in message <35457F16.1C7DF943@alfa.ist.utl.pt>...
>Does anyone knows how to make nice 3D graphics of mathematical
>functions of 2 variables? Ex: f(x,y) = sin(x^2 + y^2)
>I have seen the tutorials, but the results I got were awfull
>(I'm doing it with PovRay because it's cheaper)
>
>Thank you

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '3dmath.pov.txt' (5 KB)