POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!"
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 27 Apr 1998 08:00:22
Message: <6i1s0m$1s9$1@oz.aussie.org>
Bryan Garnett-Law (bjm### [at] wantreecomau) wrote:
: Gary Shannon wrote in message <01bd7075$81359960$097a89d0@reboot>...
: >Considering the outrageous price tag on commercial art software I would
: >happily pay $100 for POV-Ray.  Maybe the answer is some kind of reasonably

: Totally agree!  Would be a pity to lose such terrific program!!

  I don't. Pov-team didn't say povray itself is in danger, but the povray.org
site and all those resources. If I understood right, the program itself will
be developed and will be free.
  I'm a student, and I really don't have that amount of money. My bank
account is right now 2 marks (about $0.4), ie. I don't even have money for
food until next month (I have some cash, but very little). And this is not
a unusual situation. $100 is a LOT more than I can afford.
  I'm really happy that povray is free (and it will still be in the future).
I'm afraid that when povray will cost $100 I will be an ex-povray user :(
  Povray.org is really useful, and it would be nice if they solve their
problems. Unfortunately I can't help in any way.

--
                                                              - Warp. -