POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oject as Light Source : Re: Object as Light Source Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object as Light Source
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 11 Apr 1998 20:42:01
Message: <6gp2kp$87d$2@oz.aussie.org>
yan### [at] pacbellnet wrote:
: I was doubled confused, since I didn't realize that the light_source does not
: light up
: the object it looks_like.  So, in those instances in which I got the
: light_source and
: object in the same place, it looked to me as if the light was being blocked by
: the
: object.

  If the light source is inside the object, all the surface of the object
will be shadowed (because there's nothing illuminating it from outside),
even if it's a no_shadow object.
  The usual trick to "illuminate" this object is to set
finish { ambient 1 }
to this object.

--
                                                              - Warp. -