POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CompuServe forums, and some ideas for my website. : Re: CompuServe forums, and some ideas for my website. Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CompuServe forums, and some ideas for my website.
From: Twyst
Date: 1 Apr 1998 22:36:23
Message: <6futph$jh0$1@oz.aussie.org>
povray.org admin team wrote in message
<3522df0e.64488609@news.povray.org>...
>>I can NOT physically connect to CompuServe, thus I cannot get the latest
>>news straight from the source. (the Pov-Team).
>
>CIS accounts are fairly cheap, and you can connect from anywhere, actually.
>That is, you don't need a local CIS dialup - you can connect via the
internet.
>(That's how I do all my CIS work - I never dial them directly.)
>
>So if you have a net connection, you can physically connect to CIS.

Actually, that's NOT quite true.
I did try for about 3 hours today. The cost isn't a real factor.
The problem is that for the initial sign-up, it REQUIRES a modem. there is
NO way around this. I even called their technical support about this. :/
I do not have a modem. I connect thru a LAN, as I use a cable modem. the
only modem I have, uses an Ethernet card.( and it is connected to my Linux
box, not a Win95 machine.)