POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CompuServe forums, and some ideas for my website. : CompuServe forums, and some ideas for my website. Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  CompuServe forums, and some ideas for my website.
From: Twyst
Date: 1 Apr 1998 17:32:04
Message: <6fubus$inj$1@oz.aussie.org>
Ok. This IS going to sound odd, but is there ANYONE here who gets the
CompuServe forums, and are willing to help me out?

Before you all flame me or something, I am NOT asking for the Pov 3.1 beta.
:)

I can NOT physically connect to CompuServe, thus I cannot get the latest
news straight from the source. (the Pov-Team).

What I am asking, is if someone who DOES get them would be willing to send
me a "digest" of the Pov-Ray forum, as it were. I am attempting to make a
news page for Pov-Ray, mainly for those who DON'T get CompuServe. I plan on
posting any concrete news on my site. I do a daily update of my site, and I
figure that this would be a good way to get some information out, such as
how far along Pov 3.1 is. I realize this may be an imposition for some
people.

I am also looking for some opinions for my site. I am thinking of
implementing a weekly/monthly survey, as well as a public gallery. I am now
running off my own webserver, so I have about 200 megs of webspace. I was
thinking of organizing it by artist, as well, with a bit of info about each.
Also, I was thinking of doing reviews of utilities, but impartially, with 3
or 4 people's input on each.

Any feedback for this? Do these sound like good ideas?

Please, let me know.

EFnet and NewNet #povray Channel Operator
Website: http://twyst.home.ml.org
E-Mail: twy### [at] v-wavecom