POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WinPOV page fault / max_trace_level = 20 : Re: WinPOV page fault / max_trace_level = 20 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WinPOV page fault / max_trace_level = 20
From: GrimDude
Date: 26 Mar 1998 03:30:36
Message: <6fcvvu$dbb$1@oz.aussie.org>
I don't know if this really helped me, or not. But....
  About a month ago I was playing with glass textures, and bump_maps. I ran
into this problem a lot. I got around it, finally, but I'm not sure how. heh
  I changed my stacks statement (in config.sys) to read "stacks=64,512" and
then I set up a permanent 100 meg swapfile on my fastest HD. I also freed up
some drive space, but that doesn't look like a problem for you.
  Now, I think I should tell you that these changes were in response to
troubleshooting another application (a quake modeller I believe), but I
noticed that my glass scene rendered properly after making them.

--
Paul Hinds
gri### [at] swbellnet