POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Technical support is... : Re: Technical support is... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Technical support is...
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Feb 2009 10:35:22
Message: <69j0p4d3ftjkksm9o365a73qee547bfoec@4ax.com>
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:08:15 -0600, Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Yeah, The EE knows the theory behind what he is doing. He knows WHY you
>want, for instance, equal potential on all ground connections.
>
>The electrician simply knows that he'll get flagged if he wires the hot
>wire where the neutral was supposed to go. He may even be vaguely aware
>that it might pose an electrocution hazard. :)

A common misconception especially amongst graduates. Most of the electricians
that I've worked with could turn their hands to repairing a whole range of
equipment from instruments to power generators including the prime movers. On
the other hand I wouldn't let most EEs loose with a multimeter never mind a
screwdriver.
--

Regards
     Stephen