POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for a pigment_pattern technique : Re: Looking for a pigment_pattern technique Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for a pigment_pattern technique
From: Josh English
Date: 1 Aug 2024 23:33:51
Message: <66ac539f$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/1/2024 8:26 PM, Josh English wrote:
> Many years ago there was an image of an ice floe done by a height_field
> generated by a pigment map, and some time in the past maybe 2 or 3 years
> ago of a road using the same technique. I am trying this technique and
> it is failing miserably.
>
> My memory tells me it's something like this:
>
> pigment {
>        spherical
>        pigment_map {
>          #for(I,0,255,1)
>            [ I bozo
>                scale 0.1
>                color_map {
>                  [ I/255  Green ]
>                  [ I/255  Red   ]
>                }
>            ]
>          #end
>        }
>      }
>
> but all this gives me is a red object.
>
> Can anyone find the originals?
>
> --Uncle Josh, who can't find things on the internet. (Seriously).

As is my pattern, the solution comes right after I ask for help in a
public forum.

pigment {
       spherical
       pigment_map {
         #for(I,0,255,1)
           [ I/255 bozo // THIS WAS THE THING I COULDN'T SEE!!!
               scale 0.1
               color_map {
                 [ I/255 Green ]
                 [ I/255 Red  ]
               }
           ]
         #end
       }

I'm going to go bury my head in the sand now.

-- Uncle Josh