POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.8 macro parsing errors : Re: 3.8 macro parsing errors Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.8 macro parsing errors
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 20 Jun 2024 23:14:32
Message: <6674f018$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/20/24 19:49, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Can anyone confirm?
> debug?

I see a few things.

The yuqk fork complains about the line with the comment "// end macro
Gamma" and there being a missing semicolon somewhere prior, but in this
case the error is somewhat miss-leading.

The parser is unhappy because that line isn't the end of the macro, but
of an #if directive. The '#end' line following is the end of the macro.

1)
		Result

         #end // end macro Gamma
#end

Those lines should be:

         #end
	Result
#end // end macro Gamma

2) Also in macro Gamma it looks possible by logic to go all the way
through that macro and not ever set Result. So my strong recommendation
would be to immediately set a default local 'Result' value at the top of
Gamma(), but I don't know what it should be.

3) Also in macro Gamma you have:

      #if (X <= 0.0)
         #warning concat ("Invalid input argument ", str (X, 0, 4),
		". Argument must be positive. \n")
         #break
     #end

But, seems like that needs to be an #error as your not handling Result
on the #break. You could not do that check at all then below cheat
around some potential divisions by zero by adding fudge factors but I
have no immediate idea what this means for the validity of any result.

     #if (X < 0.001)
         #local Result = 1.0/((X*(1.0 + _gamma*X))+1e-6);
     #end

and

     #local Result = Result / ((Y-1.0) + 1e-6);

4) The following line needs a semicolon:

#local Test = Gamma (0.5)

5) In TestGamma() you have the line:

#local computed = Gamma (test[T][0])

which needs a semicolon.