POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mosaic Renders : Mosaic Renders Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:06:18 EDT (-0400)
  Mosaic Renders
From: Josh English
Date: 9 May 2024 01:19:18
Message: <663c5cd6@news.povray.org>
In my rabbit-hole roulette I returned to the mesh camera with a new
idea. I've wanted, for some strange reason, to capture the mosaic
preview from POV-Ray, but I never did find a way until I had an Idea.

Here are two versions of the same scene with a regular rectangular
mosaic and a hexagon mosaic.

I'd like to explore other variations of this to create a painterly feel,
which I think would require me to find new ways of subdividing the plane
into unique shapes. I think I need to learn voronoi patterns to really
push it to the next step.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mosaic_samples.png' (63 KB)