POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Interior Brick Scene WIP : Re: Interior Brick Scene WIP Server Time
19 May 2024 18:39:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interior Brick Scene WIP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Feb 2024 02:19:33
Message: <65e03005$1@news.povray.org>
Op 28/02/2024 om 21:44 schreef Chris R:
> "Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
>
> Here's an update on progress on the scene with a low-res (640x480) rendering.
>
> I changed the viewpoint to be closer to the main table.  I'm hoping it will make
> the ring in the glass more visible, especially at higher resolutions.  I may do
> other renderings zoomed out a bit to show the other tables too, but this is the
> main one.
>
> The framed posters on the wall break up the solid bricks.  I will probably add a
> bar to hang them from.  Right now they assume direct attachment to the bricks.
>
> There are more elements to the table and I updated the napkins quite a bit.  I
> also took suggestions about the silverware into account and remodeled them.  The
> champagne flutes are slightly wider, after measuring my own glasses more
> accurately.
>
> Still to do:
> - The rail for hanging the posters on the wall
> - Update to the brick size; they are currently US Closure Modular size, which
> accounts for their chunkiness.  I am going to try just US modular instead.
> - Water glasses for the table and put the glasses in the proper place
> - Possibly change the narrative and put a "Dear John" note on the plate that the
> waiter would have delivered from the cowardly partner.
> - Spilled champagne needs bubbles and some surface texture work.  I had removed
> reflection from the champagne inside the glass as it was problematic and didn't
> help the image, but it needs to be there on the table.
> - Menus?
> - Photons
> - Radiosity
>
> Anything else?
>
> -- Chris R

Excellent!

This is going in the right direction indeed! Much, much better. The
posters (or something else, like modern paintings and such) are an
essential element addition.

I think that you could improve on the spilled champagne. It has a
mercury-look now, especially through the edges which could/should be
thinner/less pronounced. The colour could be more transparent/reflective?

--
Thomas