POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : image mapping : Re: image mapping Server Time
9 May 2024 13:39:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image mapping
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 28 Feb 2024 05:13:58
Message: <65df0766$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/26/24 12:05, kurtz le pirate wrote:
> How would you do it ?

Attached is a method using new v3.8 and yuqk features. While working up
new inbuilt functions for yuqk, I've tried to implement them with the
ability to return 't' or indexes for maps when that's possible.

The shapes I left as isosurfaces. Better render performance could be had
by using using more basic CSG for the shapes and still the function set
up for applying the image_map.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rndcrnr.jpg' (158 KB) Download 'rndcrnr.pov.txt' (7 KB)

Preview of image 'rndcrnr.jpg'
rndcrnr.jpg