POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : image mapping : image mapping Server Time
8 May 2024 23:48:19 EDT (-0400)
  image mapping
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 26 Feb 2024 12:05:02
Message: <65dcc4be@news.povray.org>
Hello,

The problem of the day :
I'm trying to project an image onto the rounded corner.

I've tried a lot of try with image_map and uv_mapping without success.
Here is my "best" (less bad) result for now.

Do you think it's possible to map the image directly onto the object?

The joined image is the result of three parts with two planar and one
cylindrical projection, but the joints don't stick :(

How would you do it ?

The geometry of the rounded corner is simple and I can post the code
with my tests using image_map{}.

The image used is here : <https://shorturl.at/mnqz2> on which I added
red marks.

--