POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Making Patterns with functions : Re: Making Patterns with functions Server Time
9 Jun 2024 08:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Patterns with functions
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Feb 2024 07:29:09
Message: <65ccb215$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/13/24 22:24, Bald Eagle wrote:
> IIRC, Bill Pokorny mentioned something about how floor isn't quite "right".

IICRC... Rings a bell.

With yuqk, I do remember changing the code which creates the 0-1 ramp
wave - in official POV-Ray there is some hard coded magic which
sometimes causes trouble if one hits the right (wrong) values.

There is too some hard code clamping of values coming from functions
into the pattern mechanism that I removed. However, this bit, from your
results, I would say you are already avoiding. (That you are limiting
your function() values into the pattern mechanism to 0-1 or >0.0 ranges)

Bill P.