POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : B-DNA : Re: B-DNA Server Time
20 May 2024 00:06:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: B-DNA
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 9 Feb 2024 16:00:47
Message: <65c6927f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 01.02.24 13:42, Bald Eagle wrote:

> I always find these ritual/religious explanations tiresome - Look around the
> modern world, and try to even count the number of knick-knacks, baubles,
> bric-a-brac, curios, ornaments, souvenirs, and trinkets people buy and
> accumulate - all of which have zero ritualistic or religious purpose or meaning.

In Germany, some call these things "Hinstellchen und Verstaubchen"
(placelets and little dust collectors), or, if of the larger kind,
"Rumsteh-o-Maten" (standaround-o-matons)... at least they have not taken
over Khyberspace Ground Control yet! Except for a small plastic PEZ
sweets dispenser in the shape of Jason Momoa in "Aquaman"... sorry, but
I simply dig long-haired and bearded men! And lynxes... but it's hard to
find a naturalistic life-sized sitting wooden lynx for the top of my
e-organ! Or perhaps better a Vangelis bust?

> It could have been a _designer_ dodecahedron that was very trendy, and only the
> wealthiest could afford then, to flaunt their status.

...then most likely not made by Fortis, the oil lamp manufacture!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Bonnie Tyler)

--
VBI BENE, IBI BACTRIA!