POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cross-stitch and print on canvas (RFC, sort of) : Re: Cross-stitch and print on canvas (RFC, sort of) Server Time
11 May 2024 18:04:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cross-stitch and print on canvas (RFC, sort of)
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 9 Feb 2024 10:29:54
Message: <65c644f2$1@news.povray.org>
On 09.02.2024 17:58, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Post the code for the normal, and we'll see if we can convert it into something
> POV-Ray can do.

I'm using POVRay normal spiral1 scallop_wave with scale, rotate etc. It
very roughly simulate threads, but is completely useless for multythreads.

I would like to superimpose several different wavy patterns, and
probably something else for fluff. Maybe add, of maybe multiply them to
each other. But for doung so, I need writing my own functions for
normals, and I have no idea whether it's possible or not.

> Until then, here's a few link that you might find interesting:

I'm trying to limit scene to static primitives, preferrably small, to
avoid slow rendering.

Ilyich the Toad