POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) : Re: Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) Server Time
14 May 2024 04:56:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG)
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 8 Feb 2024 04:01:20
Message: <65c49860$1@news.povray.org>
On 01.02.2024 8:37, William F Pokorny wrote:
> On 1/31/24 08:14, Ilya Razmanov wrote:
>> Any chances I can have it?
>
> The usual way is to use the fast path texture element overrides.
>
> //---
> #declare Fn00 = function { pattern { spiral1 12 scale 1/6} }
> #declare Fn01 = function { pattern { wrinkles scale 1/99 } }

Sorry for extremely dumb question but I'm too slow and looks like I'm
missing something.

It seems like people are capable to define procedural, that is,
algorithmic textures and stuff (for example, normals), to be calculated
by POVRay internally, to be used in scenes. I mean defining them as some
sort of non-POVRay-specific built-in functions but rather as some
general math function similar to that in general programming languages.

I, however, am unable to find any understandable docs regarding this. I
guess I'm completely wrong somewhere - asking wrong questions, searching
in wrong places, etc. Any ideas regarding what may be the right place to
get something to read?

Ilyich the Toad