POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Roman Dodecahedron : Re: Roman Dodecahedron Server Time
9 May 2024 14:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roman Dodecahedron
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Feb 2024 02:30:44
Message: <65bc9a24$1@news.povray.org>

(https://www.livescience.com/archaeology/romans/roman-dodecahedron-uncovered-by-amateur-archaeologists-in-the-uk).
> I wonder what they were for? Decoration? One person thought maybe they were used
> for weaving glove fingers, but others say such weaving techniques weren't
> developed that early... It is a mystery.

Yes, that one in England was what triggered my sudden activity on the
matter, :-)

It is typical that ever since these objects, fragmented or not, have
been found, no satisfying explanation has been reached. The weaving
glove fingers is one of my favourites ;-)

It is waiting for any remote breakthrough...

--
Thomas