POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Roman Dodecahedron : Re: Roman Dodecahedron Server Time
8 May 2024 23:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roman Dodecahedron
From: MichaelJF
Date: 1 Feb 2024 11:34:50
Message: <65bbc82a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.02.2024 um 09:32 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> An improved lighting and a different texturing.

Very nice work! I like the first better. It comes close to one of the
originals:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Roman_dodecahedron#/media/File:Schwarzenacker_Pentagondodekaeder1.jpg

One always learn new aspects of the Romans and I have no new idea about
the purpose of these artefacts. But some of the speculations are very
amusing...

I could only find the following measures (archived German site):

https://web.archive.org/web/19991105212519/http://www.cpu.lu/gka/d_bgr/d_bgr.htm

Unfortunately, the images were not saved by the wayback machine.

Best regards
Michael