POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : B-DNA : Re: B-DNA Server Time
20 May 2024 03:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: B-DNA
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Feb 2024 08:51:07
Message: <65bba1cb$1@news.povray.org>
Op 1-2-2024 om 14:28 schreef jr:
>>> did that before posting, ...
>> Oh, sorry! yes, that page was meant as a context.
>
> no worries.  looks like I missed the second link you provided.
>

>> ... I am highly interested in archaeology, ...
>
> no kidding.  first the vase, now this..  </grin>
>
> and that Wikipedia article disappointed a little in that there are no measures
> attached; _now_, of course, I've tons of questions.  for instance, I'd like to
> know whether the circular openings are of the same sizes across unrelated finds,
> whether they appear to be in "straight" ratios to one another, etc, etc. strange
> that all of these museum items seem not even to have been looked at for
> "scientific study".

If I am correct, they are 10 to 15 cm diameter on the average
(grapefruit-size); I the TV show, it was said I believe that the holes
were not consistently identical in between different objects. Given the
differences in sizes, that seems probable. No straight ratios are
mentioned indeed and I have a hunch that there is none. They /were/
studied but except for the aspect, results were inconclusive...

--
Thomas