POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : B-DNA : Re: B-DNA Server Time
9 May 2024 15:38:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: B-DNA
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Feb 2024 03:30:10
Message: <65bb5692$1@news.povray.org>
Op 1-2-2024 om 08:28 schreef jr:
> hi,
>
>>> also v cool.  has me wonder, did it have a function, or was it just "decor" ?
>> Unknown. Read the wikipedia page attached ;-)
>
> did that before posting, just saw a listing of some TV series episodes, by
> "series".  (and since I do not own a "tellie", nor watch, my eyes must have
> "glazed over" :-))

Oh, sorry! yes, that page was meant as a context. I referred above to
the second wiki page I added, about the dodecahedron proper. I am highly
interested in archaeology, so I try to follow the different developments
and finds. This one was particularly intriguing as - until now - it is
completely unknown what the object represented or was used for, or in
what context, religious or other. The finds are restricted to the Roman
parts of Gaul and the British Isles, so possibly a link with (non-Roman)
Gallic believes can be inferred...

--
Thomas