POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) : Re: Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) Server Time
13 May 2024 19:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG)
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 31 Jan 2024 11:25:28
Message: <65ba7478$1@news.povray.org>
On 31.01.2024 17:42, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Excellent.   This is very cool.  :)
>
> More please!

Long ago I did something for textile simulation using normal 2D approach
(well, more like 2.5D), but it went to people who paid for it. But now,
with CPU speed drastically improved, chances are I can use 3D for this.

But so far prototype is full of junk, and I have next to no idea how to
simulate irregular displacement.

But anyway, I'll share it on my github place when I remove all the junk
I can find and add something looking more interesting than plane plastic
wire. This grid is typical to linen, for example, but I need linen
texture for it.

What as to textures, surely, I can decompose whole object down to thors,
sorry, as you were, tori (damn it, aren't tori some sort of gates in
Japan? anyway, I mean plural for donut) and assign anything necessary to
each of them separately, but it will make development and especially
debugging somewhat more complicated.

Ilyich the Toad
https://github.com/Dnyarri/