POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) : Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) Server Time
13 May 2024 18:55:48 EDT (-0400)
  Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG)
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 31 Jan 2024 08:14:39
Message: <65ba47bf@news.povray.org>
Ok, first, small picture to capture you attention (attached).

Now, problem I have with that. I'm using nested objects of objects
(small POV example attached), and it seems like when I enable pigment or
something at the minimal level, it overcomes instructions for top
object. Sorry, haven't found anything about it in POV help.

My problem is, I want a per-object normal, rather than per-union. But
when I uncomment

#declare bublik = torus {0.5, 0.25
//    normal {spiral1 5, 0.1 blah-blah-blah

pigments for all the objects made from "bublik" go to hell. I want
colors from that higher level objects, but normal from "bublik" since it
have orientation I want. Any chances I can have it? Did I miss anything?
(in help file, I mean)

Ilyich the Toad

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'l1.png' (237 KB) Download 'windows-1251' (1 KB)

Preview of image 'l1.png'
l1.png