POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Converting image pixels into POV-Ray spheres : Converting image pixels into POV-Ray *anything* mosaic Server Time
11 May 2024 19:02:37 EDT (-0400)
  Converting image pixels into POV-Ray *anything* mosaic
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 28 Jan 2024 12:11:32
Message: <65b68ac4@news.povray.org>
Well, it should have been happen someday: to the collection of Python
programs for conversion of bitmap into POVRay solid objects mosaic two
more programs (p3zaika.py and p6zaika.py) were added, converting bitmap
into a pack of triangle prisms or hexagonal prisms, correspondingly
(sample output of p6zaika attached).

All programs reside at
https://github.com/Dnyarri/POVmosaic
and may be used, modified and tortured for free.

So, currently spheres, cubes, and two sorts of prisms are included as
mosaic primitives, and all regular plane partitions (3/6, 4/4 and 6/3)
covered. Considering the fact that POV output of these is as flexible as
I could imagine, so you may edit objects properties or even replace
objects globally, there is a vast opportunity to produce mosaic-looking
posters, greetings cards, ads, and, all in all, molest humans
graphically. Enjoy.

Meanwhile, while POV primitives seem to be exhaused (more or less), I
may probably continue with something more complex. Beware.

Ilyich the Toad
https://github.com/Dnyarri

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: