POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RSOCG : Re: RSOCG Server Time
8 May 2024 14:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSOCG
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 9 Jan 2024 00:39:05
Message: <659cdbf9$1@news.povray.org>
On 2024-01-08 17:21 (-4), Bald Eagle wrote:
> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
>>
>> I just noticed that the highlights on the non-chrome spheres are oblong.  This
>> is corrected in the attached updated image.
>
> What happened?

I compressed the texture in the x direction so that the windows would
retain the proper aspect ratio when uv-mapped; but that had the effect
of compressing the micronormal as well.  I solved it by compressing the
windows before combining them with the micronormal.

The chrome highlights remained circular because I did not apply a
micronormal to the chrome.