POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray on Linux : Re: POV-Ray on Linux Server Time
12 May 2024 13:47:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray on Linux
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 8 Jan 2024 00:13:40
Message: <659b8484$1@news.povray.org>
On 08.01.2024 3:32, Josh English wrote:

> Is there a gui that I just can't find? Or is there just a terminal
> workflow that people use?
Maybe Visual Studio Code:

https://code.visualstudio.com/

I use it on Windows but it claims to have Linuxes and MacOS versions. It
doesn't support POV out of the box, but is extensible, and there are two
POV-Ray extensions freely available. I'm still not sure which one could
be better, I use one called "POV-Ray 2" v2.1.1, it provides syntax
highlighting and stuff. Unfortunately, it doesn't support folding, but
neither do POV-Ray.

Seems to be reasonably good text editor with extras, and, due to its
extensibility, seem to be good for different languages.

---
Ilyich the Toad
https://github.com/Dnyarri/