POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : animation display window does not reset to black : Re: animation display window does not reset to black Server Time
12 May 2024 16:07:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation display window does not reset to black
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 6 Jan 2024 04:52:37
Message: <659922e5$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/01/2024 à 19:58, Jonathan Bush a écrit :
> Apparently, if every frame of an animation is identical, POVray will not black
> out frames beyond the first frame. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug or
> not.
>
> My apologies, nothing to see here, move along.

Actually, displayed image on X11 system (such as linux) during rendered
is not reset between frames.

I made a modification on the hgpovray fork to dimer the previous image
when computing start, so that the graphical progress of the rendering of
the new frame is still visible (excepted if all is black on black). But
that is my personal taste.