POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Iridescence code : Re: Iridescence code Server Time
10 May 2024 14:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iridescence code
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 21 Dec 2023 23:30:53
Message: <658510fd$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/21/23 15:42, Bald Eagle wrote:
> I looked in the distro, and it appears that we're missing an example scene for
> this feature.

.../textures/pigments/irid.pov

I'm no expert, but looks like you've figured things out from your most
recent post.

Aside: I've never had much luck setting diffuse to larger values as you
recently, elsewhere suggested - and as suggested by others in the past.
With most finish{} contributions, you have to leave room in the totaled
'color response' for the finish contributions for them to be seen. Room
before the totaled color contributions turn white (in most outputs).

Bill P.