POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Is the following cutaway_textures bug commonly understood? : Re: Is the following cutaway_textures bug commonly understood? Server Time
12 May 2024 19:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is the following cutaway_textures bug commonly understood?
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 18 Dec 2023 14:53:06
Message: <6580a322$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/18/23 13:51, Kenneth wrote:
> I also get the same result in v3.7.0.

Thank you Kenneth! :-) Results are the same.

I'll dig a more into the code - really not much of it in truth. There is
a dynamic_cast used in one of the conditional test which is why I wanted
to be sure windows binaries behaved the same way.

---
There is this bit too in the documentation which I don't currently see
any code for:

"If the parent object is a CSG of objects with different textures, then
the textures on overlapping parts will be averaged together."

but maybe somehow 'averaging' happens... The test case in this thread
isn't set up to trigger it. Guess, I'll need to create more complex
cases. My guess at the moment is we'll get, not 'averaging', but
multiple individual textures (including any texture lists) from the
parent's component parts.

Bill P.