POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glass window texture : Re: Glass window texture Server Time
10 May 2024 14:59:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass window texture
From: Alain Martel
Date: 5 Dec 2023 08:48:41
Message: <656f2a39$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2023-12-04 à 20:10, David Kraics a écrit :
> Hello. I am trying to reproduce the texture of the glass panels on this
> building. It is very reflective but also seems to have a dark tint. I included a
> picture because I can't describe it better. Thank you.

I'd go for something similar to this as a starter :
texture{
pigment{rgbt 1}
finish{diffuse 0 ambient 0 specular 1 fresnel reflection{1 fresnel}}
}
interior{ior 1.5}

With maybe a layered texture with the top one something similar to :
texture{
pigment{rgbf<0.75, 0.75,0.75, 1>}
finish{specular 0 diffuse 0 ambient 0}
}

This is to simulate the reflective surface being behind some tinted glass.