POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Few tricks : Re: Few tricks Server Time
12 May 2024 12:04:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Few tricks
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 27 Nov 2023 05:20:09
Message: <65646d59$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/11/2023 11:06, jr wrote:

> puzzled rather than critical :-)  why an array ?  eg

Hi.
Why array ? Because it's the only method I've found that works with any
type of data. I didn't know that POV could use lists (,,,,).
I couldn't find anything in the docs about array* and/or list(tuple).

It also depends on the number of values to be returned. For 3,4,5
values, the list is acceptable and a good choice. Beyond that, an array
is easier to use.

Thanks for your comment.

* : in the context of macro return values, of course ;)
--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise