POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Converting image pixels into POV-Ray spheres : Converting image pixels into POV-Ray spheres Server Time
11 May 2024 04:35:58 EDT (-0400)
  Converting image pixels into POV-Ray spheres
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 25 Nov 2023 21:48:05
Message: <6562b1e5@news.povray.org>
Greetings,

I rewrote one of my old plugins turning it into Python program. The
program read images (like PNG) and convert them into POV-Ray scene
consisting of packed spheres, each sphere having a base color of
corresponding pixel. Since Python nowadays seem to be preinstalled on
almost any computer, I assume it makes my old program cross-platform.
Hopefully someone will find it suitable for something. Just one warning:
it turns one source pixel into a POV sphere supposed to be rendered
relatively big, so start testing it with small source images.

Have fun,

Ilya

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pov sphere 001.py.bz2.zip' (2 KB) Download 'example.png' (553 KB)

Preview of image 'example.png'
example.png