POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : On triangle and smooth_triangle shapes. : Re: On triangle and smooth_triangle shapes. Server Time
20 May 2024 07:37:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On triangle and smooth_triangle shapes.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 13 Nov 2023 09:54:08
Message: <65523890$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/13/23 08:45, William F Pokorny wrote:
> The complication is the mesh / mesh2 parsing is different and I'm not
> yet sure if things all work the same way there. I'll have to dig some more.

It appears the mesh / mesh2 code was already working as yuqk's
smooth_triangle was just updated to work - except there are no
degenerate warnings for the normal cases considered degenerate by
smooth_triangle.

Think I'll leave it as is for now. If there are many triangles people
are going to use mesh / mesh2 anyhow.

Bill P.